We are excited to share the first trailer for The Long Start to the Journey and also to announce the first public screenings of the film at festivals and events around the Southeast in the Spring of 2015. Starting with our world premiere event in Asheville, North Carolina on Thursday, March 19th. We’ll be showing the film for the first time in our hometown at the Asheville Pizza Company on Merrimon Avenue at 10PM. Please come join us for this showing and help us spread the word. If you can’t make it to such a late screening, know that we’ll be working on another Asheville event later in May, and that one will be at a more reasonable hour. Here are all of the dates and events where you can see the film in the months to come:
– Thursday, March 19th at 10PM: World Premiere at the Asheville Pizza Company (675 Merrimon Avenue); tickets will be $5
– Monday, March 23rd at 7:15PM: Atlanta Film Festival at the Plaza Theater, 7:15PM (buy tickets here)
– Friday, April 3rd at 8PM: the NOC Founder’s Bridge Festival: a free screening at one of the best festivals on the AT, click here for more information
– April 23rd & 24th: the River Run Film Festival in Winston Salem, NC: the film will show at 8PM on Thursday evening and at 10:30AM on Friday Morning. More info here
– Monday April 27th: Free screening at the UNC Charlotte Campus Theater, hosted by the University’s Venture outdoors program.
– Friday, May 15th at 9PM: Trail Days Festival in Damascus, Virginia: our partner Osprey Packs is hosting a screening at the biggest festival on the AT. Tickets to the screening will be available at Osprey’s tent (near tent city) and also at Mount Roger’s Outfitters downtown. Show starts at 9PM in the Rock School. Trail Days 2015 website
– Saturday, May 30th at 7:30PM: We’re going to host a big event and screening of the film in Asheville at the end of May. We’ll be celebrating the 90th anniversary of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and raffling off outdoor prizes to benefit the ATC. Tickets are available here: http://qrs.ly/k74otdb
– Sunday, July 5th (time TBA): The Appalachian Trail Museum in Gardners, Pennsylvania will host a free screening of the film as part of their Sunday program series.
Thank you for following The Long Start to the Journey. We are excited to share this film with people, and we hope to see you at one of the events this spring.
– Frost & Sunshine